Insta Love.

09 February 2012

A little bit of my "artistic" side

I definitely don't consider myself artistic by any means, although, I can draw a mean stick figure!  So, the other day when I was checking out the new line of bedding at Pottery Barn Kids, I ran across this dinosaur painting I had once longed for in Tyler's room and I thought to myself "Wow, that would be super cute in Tyler's room, too bad it's so freaking expensive!"  After all, he already has the quilt.  But upon closer examination I decided that it looked like something Tyler has painted before, probably why I thought it was so cute to begin with.  Therefore, I was going to attempt to paint one myself.  What is even better than painting it myself?  Tyler chose the colors, we added a sun and our dino has an eye.  He can see... the PBK's dino can't.  So there!  So without further delay here is our masterpiece! 

Our super cool dinosaur for $15

PBK $180 painting...

Materials:
Board from Home Depot $11.  Cut to size.
Paint: Craft Warehouse $2.60
Used smaller paintbrush for dino, and a sponge and/or paper towel for the destressed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.