Insta Love.

08 September 2012

First grade so far.

My baby is in first grade.  This "not so little boy", who I swear I just gave birth to yesterday, is in first grade.  The one we spent two weeks in the NICU with.  The one who I want to cuddle and hold forever, is in first grade.  My little boy, who is mature and intelligent for his age, is in first grade, doing second grade work.  My little “man” is amazing.  It’s so hard to watch my kids grow up some days.  Other days, I am so proud of who they are becoming. That is exactly why I feel it is so important for me to document everything, because in the blink of an eye, I know they will be starting their own lives, families and careers.  I don’t want to miss a moment, or ever forget a moment, because someday this blog will be about a grandma sipping margaritas on a beach!

DSC_0432

 
DSC_0020
Yes, my son wrote my name for me... the same way I sign all his papers.  Not cool.  I should have seen this coming considering he was smart enough to figure out our Itunes password about a year ago... $50 down the drain.

DSC_0010

DSC_0012-001

DSC_0013-001

Wednesday night we had Parents Night at Challenger, Tyler’s school.  Tyler is surrounded not only by amazing teachers at Challenger, but amazing students.  We heard an exciting speech by the headmaster, and headed to Tyler’s class.  I sat in Tyler’s desk, Bill sat in a desk up front (think 6’2, 245 lbs. guy in a 1st grade desk.. quite the site!!!), as we listened to the teacher, we looked at each other and smiled.  This is where we want to keep Tyler, and eventually send Presley for as long as we can.  I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed what his teacher had to say, and how excited we were to hear about all the incredible things Tyler will learn throughout the year.  This is the opportunity of a lifetime for him, and we are grateful more than anyone will ever know, beyond words grateful.  When we spoke with Tyler’s teacher, she shared with us that he is doing fantastic so far!  100’s on his math and spelling, but needs to participate just a little more when reciting speeches in class.  We were all for putting him in front of the class if he didn’t want to try!!!  We don’t mess around in our house, why should school be the same?  This IS the foundation for his future!

DSC_0014-001

Coming soon: Wyoming!  A full on, five minute, poster board presentation about the great state of Wyoming.  Due the end of October.  All done by Tyler. I have ants in my pants!

So, I know this sounds really silly, but in my crazy little head I like to “look a part” so to speak.  What I’m trying to say is this: When I go on a date night with Bill, I want to look hot for my man.  When I go out with my girlfriends I want to look cute and fashionable.  When I head to Parents night, I want to dress like a fashionable mom.  I look to Victoria Beckham and Wendy’s Look Book for those inspirations.  So here is what I put together for Parents Night.  I thought this outfit was so cute!  I just had to share!
parent

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  This week might have been a short week for me, but I know I am sooooooo ready for this weekend.  This exhausted momma finally got her 8 hours of beauty sleep… much needed! 
xo,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Wow, he has really nice handwriting! (I'm a school counselor) :) My little girl just started preschool-- I SWEAR I just gave birth to her yesterday!

    new follower, please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a stickler about his writing ;) Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely return the favor! xo

      Delete
  2. He is doing so well and this Grandma is proud as she can be!! Good parents, good school = Awesome Kid Give Tyler a big hug from Grandma and Grandpa :-)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely give him big hugs from you all :) Thank you so much!! xo

      Delete
  3. I love all the pictures of the early schoolwork--my son is 14 months and I just know that I'm going to be taking those pictures sooner than I even know!
    Also, I love the outfit...I have worked so hard to keep up some semblance of style since I had a baby!

    Found you through Mom's Monday Mingle, hope to see you soon!
    Camille
    www.adarkenedmirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camille! Thanks for stopping by :)

      It seems like yesterday my son was 14 months, and my daughter is already 17 months! It's crazy!

      I think when we look good, we also feel good :) Even if it's simple jeans, top and accessory!

      I will definitely follow you back! xo, Karen

      Delete

Comment here.