Insta Love.

18 September 2012

Late night thoughts

Lately all I want to do is hold my kids.  I want to cuddle them, feel them, smell them.  I miss them all day at work.  I miss them when I put them to bed at night.  Days go by when I feel like I haven't had enough time with them, then before I even realize it, we're already in September and the year is almost over. 

The best part of my day is when I see their smiling faces again after I leave work.  Sometimes before I start my day, I sneak into their rooms as quietly as I can, and give them kisses.  Never missing an opportunity to say "I love you" before I head off for the day.  Seeing them lay peacefully in their beds I often wonder how I got so lucky.  I leave, and miss them all day, constantly watching the clock for that magic hour when I can see their beautiful faces, and ask how their day was.

My kids are lucky because they have Bill all morning until he leaves to work.  I am thankful for that, and it eases my anxiety.

Last night I pulled Presley out of her bed.  I wrapped her in a blanket and laid on the couch with her and Tyler.  Taking in the moment.  Watching her sleep, watching Tyler give her kisses and whisper how much he loves her. 
I usually have this argument in my mind, whether I should take her out of bed or not, because I'm an over-thinker.  If I wake her, and I can't get anyone to bed, I lose my bedtime which is pretty early.  I made the right decision last night.  Cuddling my kids, lights off, no TV, made my heart happy.  Made all my worries melt away. 

These little moments mean more than anything in the world.

I love these two little people so much.

Bill caught us :)
xo,
Karen

20 comments:

  1. Oh man I love and hate snuggling lol. If my kiddo can stop twitching it's amazing but usually he can't sit still long enough for more than a few bits of snuggling! But I love holding him when he's sleeping it's still a favorite thing of mine even now at 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is too sweet though :) Cuddling is the best, I know when they are teenagers they won't want to.. haha! We have to take advantage while we can :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a cute picture of you and your kids asleep. It really captures a moment and I understand what you mean about wanting to spend time with them. But on the flip-side there are times when I just want some time to myself. It's a balancing act!!!
    I am following you now and hope you follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/09/listening-to-your-inner-voice-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I try to get "my" time in between 8-9PM before I head to bed :)

      Thank you for the sweet comment, and stopping by! I will definitely follow back!

      Delete
  4. What a precious picture and a precious post! I definitely agree that quiet time/ cuddling is one of my favorite parts of the day. Such a great time to just unwind and feel loved! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, thank you so much for the sweet comments and the new follow :) I look forward to reading your blog as well!

      Hope you have a fabulous day :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for non-stop cuddling! You have to take advantage of these moments, especially while they're young.
    Great blog...I will have to start "following yours"

    Lindsay Burke
    http://www.knowbetternow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and sweet comments :) I will definitely return the follow!

      ~Karen

      Delete
  7. Hi there, I'm new around here and love love love your blog! Keep in touch =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thank you for the sweet comment! I'll follow you if you follow me :) xo

      Delete
  8. So sweet, such precious memories :)
    Just found your lovely blog through the Wiegand's link up - now following via GFC and excited to read more!!

    XO
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I will definitely return the follow :) I'm so enjoying meeting new people through the link ups! xo

      Delete
  9. Your picture is precious! I feel the same way now that the kids are in school and I have returned to work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks! I'm in the same boat! Kid in school and at work all day. LAME!

      Have a fab evening :)

      Delete
  10. They are so cute and snuggle time is wonderful. New follower here from the NR Monday Mom Mingle.

    Michele
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comments and the follow :) I'm now following you back! xo

      Delete

Comment here.