Insta Love.

29 September 2012

My, how my playlist has changed…

Remember the days before kids when we didn’t have to worry about little ears hearing nasty words coming across the radio? 

I was that girl… in the 907.. with bass turned up, rockin’ out to Britney Spears, Pink, Shakira, Tupac, Outcast, Missy Elliot, Eminem, Madonna, In Sync, Sir Mix- A-Lot.. Oh.My.Gosh… you name it.  I cringe at the though of some of these now. 

Fast forward to today.  Two kids in my car.  Almost five years apart.  What do you play that makes them both happy?  Definitely not Baby Got Back or California Love.  Definitely not anything about bitches and hoe’s, like so many fabulous artists that “rap” on the radio today.  Since when has this become talent anyway?!  I could always see in my head my son asking me something like “Hey Mom, what is a hoe?” or “Why is that guy talking about bitches?  What is a bitch?”  I would have to send Jay Z a HUGE thank you for that conversation.  Luckily, that hasn’t happened yet.  Wait, I take that back.  Tyler learned the word “bitch” in Hawaii, thanks to his Uncle Jon.  Which is actually a funny story ending with Tyler asking “ Are we ready to go, bitches?”  Why yes we are… Points for using it in the right context…Anyway…

No.  Today I purchased music from Choo Choo Soul, The Fresh Beat Band, Selena Gomez and Coldplay.  Don’t be jealous, but I’m going to make my drive home to songs like: Chugga Chugga Choo Choo and Just Like a Rock Star.  We also love guitar.  Rodrigo Y Gabriela being one of our ultimate favorites, but you know what?  I'm a rock star… in my own mind.  Which is way better than being in my husband’s car.  Sports radio or talk radio… Boring!  I’m totally going to be the “cool” parent!!!

6 comments:

  1. You know you could always go with Backstreet Boys for Presley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too early to start with BSB! You probably have their music in lullabies ;) xo

      Delete
  2. haha my kiddo loves Jimmy Eat World and it's all he will listen to. I love Coldplay though maybe I should make a CD (my car is too ancient for an ipod) with all my fav coldplay songs haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy Eat World is a good one too! I think I'm feeling Coldplay for fall. I'm just afraid of what is on the radio these days!

      Delete
  3. I still listen to a lot of mainstream music but I've stopped listening to most rap since I've had kids. I actually find the car radio on mostly country stations and all the rest of my music stored on my Iphone so I can listen in private lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A country girl! I've just started to get into country, maybe I should find a station! If I have the radio on, it's usually AIR1. I should make my own list on my Ipod. Great idea!! :)

      Delete

Comment here.