Insta Love.

09 October 2012

Road Trip!

I’ve been off the radar for a few days for a couple reasons.  First, I don’t have something to write about everyday.  Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to either… sorry Mom!  Second, WE WENT TO SEATTLE! 

We have a lot of friends in Seattle, and the King Tut exhibit is currently at the Pacific Science Center.  I absolutely love ancient Egyptian history, so this trip was a must and definitely an excuse to see our friends!

Friday morning we headed off to the King Tut exhibit.  We weren’t allowed to take any pictures which was depressing, but expected.  The exhibit was full of beautiful statues, jewelry and remnants of ancient Egypt’s past.  I expected to see more treasures from King Tut’s tomb, but to see artifacts that were once only displayed on my TV, and were now in front of my face was an incredible experience.  There is definitely a lot more detail to behold than I ever expected.  It was breathtaking! 

We also took the opportunity to explore the rest of the science center.  There are HOURS of endless activities in this place.  Not just for kids!

DSC_0100

DSC_0065

DSC_0178

DSC_0096

DSC_0099

2012-10-091

babies
Trying to escape


fresh air
Crisp Seattle air.
This is what happens when you get with friends, drink some wine and try to learn the dance moves from Gangnam Style.  This is exactly why I don’t drink very often!!!!  Oh.My.Gosh.  Thank you Bill for the embarrassing video’s and pictures….AHHH!

wine

wine2

Saturday we headed to the Zoo.  It was beautiful, but we were there about an hour before closing so it didn’t give us much time to see everything.  Seriously, what is a vacation, with kids, without seeing a zoo?!  It’s not.

2012-10-092

2012-10-093
 
DSC_0153

Did I mention that Seattle was a little bit colder than Boise?!  We haven’t seen frost in a long time!
 
DSC_0157

So many beautiful fall colors!
 
Sunday we visited some great friends, went shopping (so fun!!!) and had a fabulous turkey dinner.
 
Monday was time to head back home.
 
We stopped downtown at The Crab Pot which was recommended by a friend, and it happened to be right next to the Seattle Great Wheel which we will definitely ride next visit.  Presley looked up, pointed to the Ferris wheel and said “COOL!!”  So cute!
 
DSC_0158

DSC_0179DSC_0180

DSC_0182
 
DSC_0183
 
2012-10-094

There is definitely a lot we wanted to do, and a few more people we wanted to see, but we just couldn’t squeeze it all in.  It only means that we will have to make another trip back!  I can’t wait!

xo,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,
    1) I love Seattle and when I lived in PDX it was so easy to go and visit just for the day. I miss Pacific NW. 2) I have been to Cairo, Egypt and there's a billion artifacts all over the Egyptian museum. There's not enough space to display it all. I have always wanted to see King Tut's exhibit because it would remeind me of when we saw his splendor in Egypt. Dang it, I keep missing it. Did you see any gold artifacts? Photos were not allowed in Egypt either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so, so, SOOOO jealous that you have been to Egypt! I would love to go there someday.

      You should definitely check out the King Tut exhibit before it heads back to Egypt permanently. I believe Seattle is the last stop, but I also saw that it is in Idaho Falls currently. I'm sure Seattle's display is better, though.

      We saw a few gold artifacts, but I was surprised at the amount, or lack thereof, from King Tut's tomb. It was still an incredible experience though :)

      Delete

Comment here.