Insta Love.

23 February 2013

Science Fair 2013

Gosh. It's been such a long time since I've written anything for our family blog. I don't even know what to say.

I've been so excited to post these pictures of Tyler at his first grade Science Fair at Challenger School, and here I sit with writers block...

Let me start by saying that the science fair was incredible. So many smart, talented kids, spending hours on a hypothesis and coming to a conclusion. 

Challenger School has got this down to a science..haha, get it?! To involve the younger grades in the science fair through a class project is genius. Everyone participates, and everyone learns. 

Tyler would come home from school every day, and tell me all the progress his class made with their project about yeast.  He was so excited to learn about science, which happens to be one of his new favorite subjects!   

Then finally the day came when Bill, Grandma Maxell and I saw the end result of all the hard work this incredible class did. Each kid had an opportunity to present a part of the project. My heart always stops when I watch Tyler speak in front of his class, or perform in a program. He does such an amazing job, and is so proud of himself when he works hard and it pays off. I can be proud of him all day long, but until he is proud of himself, and has pride in what he does, the end result will mean nothing. The real world doesn't prepare you for your mother to follow you around and tell you how amazing you are all the time. Most bosses definitely won't. I want him to always be proud of himself, and try hard for his own self worth. This is so important to me.

Anyway, without further ado, may I present an incredible project on Yeast!

Love this face! 




 
The Scientific Method by Barbara Baker

2 comments:

  1. I love your heart for your son. It definitely sounds like you are really trying to help him become better than yourself. If you can instill that character that you want in him, "try hard for his own self worth," he will go far. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think all parents want to see their kids do great things and even strive for something better. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete

Comment here.