Insta Love.

21 March 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Princess Presley!

***Dear Presley***

You are two.  Today.  It’s crazy.  Where did these past two years go?  To think that my baby, my little baby, who I thought I just gave birth to yesterday, is officially two.  It just BLOWS.MY.MIND.  You are so full of personality, so smiley and so obscenely girly.  You tell us your name is Princess Presley, you love hair and makeup and shoes and clothes and nail polish…you love to be bossy, love to twirl, sing, dance, count, LEARN!  You have a mind of your own.  You are YOU.  Shy around anyone new, never shy for your parents.  You are a beautiful collaboration of two people who fell in love and decided, as your brother calls it “to make you on the breeding island” like in his game Dragon Vale. Technically, I guess you could call our room the “breeding cave.”  TMI, I think so…

Where we make babies.
You can sing your ABC’s, Twinkle Star, Rock A Bye Baby, all of your swim songs, the Choo Choo song, Happy Birthday, count to 20, count backwards, and you totally rock high heels… mine of course, and you are learning shapes and colors.  You know just about every animal there is, and their sounds, including Rhinoceroses, Elephants and Hippopotamuses.  More impressively, you can pronounce them. You even put together some pretty elaborate sentences for your age. 

To think back on that Easter night when we were in McCall, trying to vay-cay, and you kept us up ALL.NIGHT.LONG.  That was the first time you showed us your adorable smile.  We were ready to sell you to some roaming gypsies at just four weeks old. And, here you are today.  Sharp as a whip and even more beautiful, we wouldn’t trade you for the world. My absolute favorite?! Our “I love you” fights all over the house.  Those are the best fights ever. 

Your favorite people are: Momma, Tyler and Papa.  Papa is awesome.  Everytime we FaceTime with Nana and Papa, you only want Papa.  Never anyone else.  You take the phone and run.  You are stealing my "favorite child" status away from me!  I'm okay with it though.

I gave you your very first haircut last weekend.  Your hair was a mess.  It was growing in all scraggly, and it still hasn’t fully come in on top yet.  So, one of your adopted aunts said I should trim it so that it will grow out faster and thicker.  Seriously.  Your hair looks so much better in the back now, and it looks so full and curly!  Hopefully the front will grow in soon too!  Tyler didn’t have much hair until he was three, so hopefully soon, you will have more up front to match the back.  Then the hair ties, bands, flowers and bows will be limitless!

Recently Updated7

As you can see, we look nothing alike.. nothing.at.all.  Big eyes…you poor thing.  Who would ever want big, beautiful eyes?!  Dimpled chin, or as your dad calls it, our butt chins.  Sorry about that too.  Crazy hair… check.  Same lips… check.  Our button noses.. THE HORROR!!.. and Daddy's chubby cheeks.  Not to forget your love of all things girly. 

In MY eyes you are my mini me and my mini shopaholic, but I also see hints of daddy too. 

There are certain people who refuse to believe that I have anything to do with you or your brother, and it's hurtful.  You are only allowed to be like one person, but in fact, two people in love created both of you. Regardless of this whole "immaculate conception" theory, you have a million other amazing qualities from all over the family, and that makes you even more special.  Just like Dr. Seuss once said "Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" 


You don't look like other people's kids either, you look like Bill and Karen's kids.  Are you both girls, or both boys, why yes you are!  Fancy that!  But to your dad and I, that is pretty much the extent of it.  Some people just might need new glasses?!

And, although my family might not be good enough for some, and I might not be good enough for some,  I am still undoubtedly your very proud and always loving mom.  No matter what anyone else says, or feels, or wants to argue about, God found me good enough for you, and for Tyler and for Bill.  I am forever greatful for that.

Anyway....      
 
Pres, you are also super helpful all around the house.  My big helper 100%.  You help me cook, clean, put away the dishes and fold the laundry. You are right by my side, learning the ropes from your obsessive compulsive clean freak mother (thank your Nana, Big Aunty and Great Grandma Petrasch for that), and you follow suit.  There is nothing more refreshing than a clean, clutter free house...so says your OCD mother.  Oh, and you love, love, love to boss your brother around.  Luckily, he is a good sport and thinks you are super cute, and he's a good listener! 
Here you are the other day curled up next to me on the bed, after escaping your crib.  You totally look like one of the Jolie-Pitt kids.  Chunky cheeks, full lips and button nose.  Oh.My.Gosh, I love you.  I could stare at you all day long.  My heart is so full.
  
jolie

I recently had to adjust your bed into the big girl crib.  You happily climb right out, and I was so afraid of you falling on your head.  Now that I’ve adjusted your crib, you won’t stay in it.  You march right back out with at least two blankets, Baa Baa and Kitty.  Ready for more action.  It’s hard to put you back when you ask to cuddle, or want to hang out with Tyler, but sometimes rules are rules.  Momma gets up really early in the morning, and I need sleep!

Some people might think that I am a strict Momma, and they are right.  Especially compared to how some people choose to raise their kids these days.  We have rules.  We use timeout, we use your room and if necessary, and rarely, there might be a swat to your bottom.  I never raise my voice, and I try not to be angry or frustrated with any situation, but parent more on the side of empathy.  Kids need structure and parents.  It has been proven for thousands of years. 

Let me just quote from the Bible here.  Heb 12:11 "Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3, 4

If it's not broke, don't fix it.. right?!


So, here are a few pictures of you to share!

pres
DSC_0089
DSC_0083
aaa55e4e927d11e2b55e22000a9f09fb_6
bdaykaren and pres2
DSC_0030
DSC_0072
Applying make up!

DSC_0075
Well, precious Presley.  Once again, I’m always honored to be your Momma.  I’m so thankful that God trusted you to me, that you are happy and healthy, along with all the extra bonuses.  I love you to the moon and back.  Happy Birthday, Princess Presley!

xo,
Momma

1 comment:

Comment here.