Insta Love.

16 July 2014

Happy 8th Birthday, Tyler!


Dear Tyler,

You are officially eight, and once again, I'm late writing about your birthday and how amazing you are.  This last year you learned things.  You are taller.  You are smellier.  You eat us out of house and home.  Like a vacuum, you inhale everything in your site.

Honor Roll.  Ba-BAM!
You still swim, love math and science.  Reading is boring, so we pick and choose our battles.  Ugh.  Those battles.  The reason I joined a prayer group and am reading the book Am I Messing Up My Kids?.  Because, I fear that I might just mess you little people up.  I need patience and guidance, and I need to know I'm not the only mom out there who thinks she's going cray-cray sometimes. 


This last school year we were insanely busy.  You had a new book report every month, one included a biography where you had to give a presentation as that person, you were Neil Armstrong.  You had a state report on Louisiana, a country report on Thailand, a presentation on Penguins, a science fair project, you were fourth place in a math competition, you wrote a short story... I'm sure I've forgotten things, but needless to say, it was a busy school year.  Now we're off to third grade, and your sister is off to preschool.  I know life isn't slowing down anytime soon. 


It's really hard to sit here and try to remember everything that happened since you turned eight.  The days go by so quickly, before you know it, another month has gone by, then another year.  I don't know how to slow it all down, and it makes me sad.  People remind me daily that in a blink of an eye you will be off to college, and it's true.  Eighteen years is small in the grand scheme of things, and then you leave the nest to pursue your own life.  If eight years went by this quickly, I can't imagine what the next ten will bring.  Because one day you will want to hang with friends over your parents, you will want to learn to drive and fly and maybe get a job to afford things that we refuse to afford for you... like cell phones or televisions.  You will be girl crazy, and the girls are already crazy for you.

We sponsor Andy! 

Just promise you will always try your hardest, and strive for the best.  You deserve nothing less.  You are the most fun, handsome, smartest boy I know.  Always be good to your sister, it will be your job to protect her one day. 




I love you to the moon and back.
xo,
Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.