Insta Love.

18 July 2014

Untill we meet again.

Dear Dot Dot,

Last Friday we had to make one of the hardest decisions ever.  We had to let you go, and it was devastating.

I had you before kids, before Bill, before everything.  Through all the ups and downs of life... boyfriends, breakups, marriage, pregnancy, kids, a move to another state, you've been by my side through it all.

Then it was time to let you go.  You have served your time with us, as unconditionally as you could. 

There were buckets of tears shed.  At work, at home, in the car.  Everywhere.  For days. 

Presley still tries to feed you, and wants to know when God will bring you home.  We pray for you every day.  That God will say hello from us, and that we miss you so much it hurts.

Tyler is strong.  He pats my back and tells me that everything will be okay. He helps Presley pray for you, and pretend to feed you.  He wants to know why the body fails, and how it fails.  Why your body finally said it was too tired.  He's curious and strong.

Sometimes I still call for you, or ask the kids to feed you or let you outside.  I think I can hear you bark, or brush past me.  But you aren't there.  My heart aches.  Still.

I know that you will greet me one day when it's my turn to go.  That you are up there, somewhere, with your old pal Shemya.  Chasing bunnies and birds.

We will always have a special place in our hearts for you, Dot.  Until we meet again....

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.