Insta Love.

21 March 2017

Dear 6.

Happy Happy Birthday, Presley!


Today you are six.  

On this day, six years ago, our world changed forever.  In a whirlwind of pink and glitter and sparkles and all things princess and barbie- you were born.

You are feisty, bossy, beautiful, smart, happy, HATE the mornings, independent, fiery-curly blond haired bombshell- and you know this.  You are scary beyond all reason.  I've been praying for your future husband for years now.  Bless his soul.  People pray for us and our sanity too.

You love like no other, say the best prayers ever and put God first.

You've yet to lose a tooth, but you are THISCLOSE!  

You sprinkled gold glitter all over yourself in the bathroom once because you thought it would make you fly like Tinkerbell.  You are crazy messy.  We pick our battles with you.  Sometimes you leave the house looking like a homeless shopping cart lady, but we left on time.  Win-Win. You also want to be a mermaid.

Once you asked if you could say the "F" word.  I said "No."  Then you asked if you could say "freaking"  I said "No."  Then fracking."  I still said "NO."  Sorry lady, we aren't French and you aren't 18 yet.

You love to read, and you're really good at it.  You are about to write and illustrate your first book in school- no, not by the teachers.. by yourself, for Young Authors.  You can add and subtract already, count by 2's, 5's and 10's.  You swim like a fish and just started drama class, where I hear you are quite the natural... *shocking.*  You love to twirl and sing at the top of your lungs.  I don't read bedtime stories to you anymore, you like to read them to me.  I think you secretly hope I will fall asleep, then you can stay up later... and steal my chocolate.

You are a huge tease, and drive your daddy crazy.  Sometimes Tyler too.  To the point where we tell you things like " I can't understand you when you are whining like that." Sometimes you say things that I expect out of an adult, and sometimes you get things I wouldn't expect you to.  Both you and your brother are silly and sarcastic.  I always laugh when you tell your brother he needs to "check yo'self before you wreck yo'self".. that's my girl!

Basically you are full of life, and I hope that never changes.  You know what you want, when you want it and how you want it done.  Never a follower, you beat to your own drum.  Nothing shakes you.  Please, don't change.  Ever. 

We're so very proud of you.  Six going on sixteen.  The world is your oyster.  You're going to do big things one day, and don't let anyone tell you any differently.  God has big plans for you!  Always be kind to everyone, pray about everything and never forget how you got there.  Hard work will always pay off, and so will a positive attitude- oh, yeah... and junk food is gross, and stop eating all of my chocolate.

Love you to the moon and back, Sissy Boo Boo! 

XOXO,
Momma


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.